END PHYSICAL PUNISHMENT OF CHILDREN - (EPOCH-USA)
EPOCH-USA seeks to end corporal punishment of children in all settings including homes through education and legal reform. The following links provide useful information about effects of corporal punishment of children and alternatives. Questions? Contact us at email@example.com
“Physical Punishment of Children in the U.S.: What Research Tells Us About Its Effects On Children” has already been endorsed the American Academy of Pediatrics and the American Medical Association and many more child/family serving organizations. More endorsements are being sought.
The report and endorsement forms can be found here.
The Center for Effective Discipline is a program of the Gundersen National Child Protection Training Center. Learn more about the Gundersen NCPTC.
• Spanking Facts and Fiction
• Why Spanking is Harmful
• A multi-pronged approach to ending all corporal punishment of children
• Position Statements Against All Corporal Punishment of Children
• Parent Support and Training Materials
• Should Spanking be Banned?
• Positive Discipline - What It Is and How To Do It (PDF Only)
• Global Initiative Newsletter
• Nonviolence in childrearing annotated bibliography